Orthodontics for Adults
That’s right – Braces are not just for kids anymore! Many adults are choosing to have orthodontic treatment to enhance their own smile and appearance. In fact, Dr. Parker has many adult orthodontic patients, including parents who have seen what a difference orthodontic treatment has made in their children. If you are interested in learning more about treatment for yourself, call our office today to schedule an orthodontic examination. We will gladly discuss the benefits of a straight and healthy smile with you.
- Crowded teeth are hard to clean and maintain. Over time, they can contribute to tooth decay, gum disease and even tooth loss.
- By age 35, three out of four adults have some form of periodontal disease.
- Bad bites can result in abnormal wear of tooth surfaces, difficulty in chewing and damage to supporting bones and gum tissue.
- Sometimes crooked teeth and incorrect bites may contribute to TMJ pain and associated headaches.
Problems to watch for in adults
Malocclusions (bad bites) like those shown below can be improved by orthodontic treatment. If you notice one of these problems with your smile, call our office to schedule an orthodontic evaluation.
- Deep Bite
- Anterior Crossbite
- Impacted, Tipped and Missing Teeth